1. Quantity of booze decreases, quality increases.
2. A lot of your friends who didn’t ever really like booze quit drinking.
3. A lot of your friends who couldn’t handle booze quit drinking.
4. A lot of your friends have kids and don’t have time to hang out, so they mostly quit drinking.
5. You consider quitting drinking like a lot of your friends, realize how boring that would be, then quickly reconsider.
6. You don’t close down many bars anymore.
7. Hangovers are taken more “as a consequence, not a punishment.” (Thanks, John Steinbeck)
8. All the crushing shame that our puritanical society places on imbibers of alcohol because we are the unfortunate product of a Christian prohibitionist culture with unhealthy guilt-complexes when it comes to booze, drugs, and sex? That starts to go away too.